The Company: Pathways Vermont is a dynamic nonprofit agency that believes in transforming the lives of individuals experiencing mental health and other life challenges and permanently ending homelessness. Pathways offers a great benefits package including dental and health insurance, generous vacation time and 12 paid holidays. The Pathways Vermont Community Center is in the Old North End of Burlington, Vermont run by Pathways Vermont. We aim to cultivate a vibrant community that supports resilience through collective learning, creative exploration and mutual support.
The Role: The Employment Specialist provides key employment and educational supports to job seekers at PVCC and helps maintain a welcoming and supportive atmosphere. The Employment Specialist holds a space that aims to foster hope, motivation and inspiration throughout the employment process. This position is supervised by the employment team lead. This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Employment Status: Part-Time (21 hours/week)
- Engage with people about their lives, offering resource referral, peer support, and employment support in both individualized and group settings
- Maintain fidelity to the Individual Placement and Support Supportive Employment model as appropriate
- Participate in weekly job development with businesses in Chittenden County
- Provide job seekers with support and encouragement throughout the employment process – pre and post employment – based on each individual’s preferences.
- Act as a liaison with Vocational Rehabilitation on behalf of TWC and individuals actively engaging in employment support
- Connect with, and act as a liaison to community partners, including regular attendance at Creative Workforce Solutions meetings
- Community outreach and marketing of Employment Support services
- Participate in weekly staff meetings, co-reflection, individual supervision and trainings
- Collection of service data and regular reporting
- Co-facilitate employment seekers support group
- Assist in the development and practice of employment related activities and events at TWC
- Other duties as assigned
- Willingness to share personal life struggles when appropriate
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written as well as verbal)
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Proficiency with telephone/computer/internet/social media, familiarity with google platform
- Trained in Intentional Peer Support (or commitment to be trained within 3 months of hiring)
- Trained in Individual Placement and Support / Supportive Employment (or commitment to be trained within first year of employment)
- Commitment to the values of Intentional Peer Support and PVCC
- Ability to work evening or weekend hours a plus
- Working vehicle, valid license, adequate insurance and willingness to transport others
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Ability to ascend and descend stairs rarely required (in instances when lift is utilized and/or being serviced)
- Frequent stooping, kneeling and/or crouching to assist in cleaning, picking up items, preparing meals, shoveling entryway etc.
- Regular operation of a computer and other office machinery
- Occasional reaching, pushing, pulling and lifting of arms to participate in cleaning and space organization
- Frequent talking and listening in participation of exchanging ideas through spoken word and occasional receipt and giving of detailed information through oral communication
- Rarely lifting and carrying 30 pounds
- Occasional exposure to outside environmental conditions for outreach events and opening the space. Specifically shoveling snow from entryway in winter.
The Pathways Vermont Community Center/Pathways Vermont is an equal opportunity employer, is committed to the principle of diversity, and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
If you are interested please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
If you have questions about this posting please feel free to contact Abby Levinsohn at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call at (802) 777-8602