It is the policy of Pathways Vermont that all employees and applicants shall receive equal consideration and treatment in employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identification, or disability. Pathways Vermont is committed to a diverse workplace that reflects the communities we serve, and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people including people with military experience, individuals with disabilities, and people of color.
The Company: Pathways Vermont is a dynamic nonprofit agency that believes in transforming the lives of individuals experiencing mental health and other life challenges and permanently ending homelessness. Pathways offers a great benefits package including dental, health and vision insurance, generous paid time off and 9 paid holidays.
The Position: The Finance Office Associate – Representative Payee Services is part of the statewide team which supports the daily operations and functions of Pathways Vermont’s Housing First program. The finance office associate serves as the representative payee for participants receiving Housing First services in Pathways permanent supportive housing program.
Location: Statewide office in Winooski
Employment Status: Full Time Non-Exempt
- Manage representative payee services for individuals working with the Housing First program utilizing Quickbooks Online
- Accounting for monthly finances of approximately 50 individuals
- Scheduling and conducting budget meetings with clients
- Coordinating payment of clients’ rent, bills and disbursements of discretionary funds
- Coordinating with direct service staff to ensure client financial needs are met
- Interact with the Social Security Administration, including processing client enrollments and reporting changes
- Contact utility companies, various creditors, etc. to ensure timely and correct receipt of funds and payment of bills
- Ensure accurate client accounts following generally accepted accounting principles
- Maintain accurate and timely electronic and paper records for each client
- Inform appropriate service and administrative team members of updates and changes in client’s medical or financial benefits
- Ensure agency compliance with representative payee laws and guidelines
- Prepare reports required by Social Security and the organization
- Attend required and optional trainings to ensure continuity and quality of service
- Continual systems review and improvement
- Other accounting tasks, including use of excel and google spreadsheets
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent writing skills
- Motivated self-starter
- Advanced computer literacy
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Responsible, organized, and efficient
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Familiarity with Google Apps and Quickbooks
- Familiarity with personal budgeting and banking practices
- Associate’s degree or comparable work experience
- Patience, creativity, flexibility, compassion, and sensitivity to persons with disabilities and other minority populations
- Lived experience with homelessness, mental health, or other life challenges considered an asset
- Regular attendance is a requirement of the position
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Almost constant operation of a computer and other office machinery.
- Regular, repetitive movement of hands and fingers including substantial movements of wrists, hands and fingers for typing and/or writing, grasping paperwork, using technology equipment and other tasks.
- Frequent talking and participation in exchanging ideas through spoken word as well as ability to hear and receive detailed information through oral communication.
- Mostly sedentary work in a seated position.
- Occasional standing, walking, stooping, kneeling or crouching, reaching with hands and arms and light lifting.
- Frequent utilization of close visual acuity and reading from a computer screen, must be able to read information captured in type and free hand form.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Long Term Disability/Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (accrual of 210 hours per year to start)
- All-Staff days off
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Longevity Recognition Rewards
- Full time, non-exempt hourly employee
- 35-40 hours per week
- $15-$19 per hour
To apply send cover letter and resume to [email protected]