It is the policy of Pathways Vermont that all employees and applicants shall receive equal consideration and treatment in employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identification, or disability. Pathways Vermont is committed to a diverse workplace that reflects the communities we serve, and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people including people with military experience, individuals with disabilities, and people of color.
The Company: Pathways Vermont is a dynamic nonprofit agency that believes in transforming the lives of individuals experiencing mental health and other life challenges and permanently ending homelessness. Pathways offers a great benefits package including dental, health and vision insurance, generous paid time off and 9 paid holidays.
The Position: The Finance Office Associate is a team member who provides administrative, clerical, A/P, A/R, Payroll, and Reporting support for Pathways Vermont. Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited, to those below:
Location: Statewide office in Winooski
Employment Status: Full Time Non-Exempt
Reports to: Finance Director
- Assist in audit preparation
- Bi-weekly payroll allocation and entry
- Perform regular quality assurance checks on finance data entry and submission
- Calculate and enter month end general ledger adjustments
- Invoice funders
- Track spending on small grants and meet with program heads to discuss spending
- Update and maintain Finance filing systems
- Send financial statements to DMH monthly
- Enter allocations and month end G/L adjustments
- Perform Monthly Bank Reconciliations
- Assist in budget preparations
- Assist in cash flow monitoring
- Conduct expense submission trainings
- Create, maintain and update relevant databases
- Collaborate on various projects
- Perform related work as assigned
- Patience, creativity, flexibility, compassion and sensitivity to persons with disabilities and other minority populations.
- Responsible, organized, detail oriented, efficient self-starter who shows initiative and can juggle priorities.
- Experience with meticulous review of invoices, reports, and other financial records to confirm accuracy.
- Excellent communication and writing skills, proficiency with Excel and Google spreadsheets.
- Familiarity with GAAP, fund accounting, and Quickbooks accounting software preferred.
- Complex reading, math, writing and analysis/comprehension skills
- Sound judgement and decision making skills
- Confidentiality required
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Almost constant operation of a computer and other office machinery
- Regular, repetitive movement of hands and fingers including substantial movements of wrists, hands and fingers for typing and/or writing, grasping paperwork, using technology equipment and other tasks.
- Frequent talking and participation in exchanging ideas through spoken word as well as ability to hear and receive detailed information through oral communication.
- Mostly sedentary work in a seated position.
- Occasional standing, walking, stooping, kneeling or crouching, reaching with hands and arms and light lifting.
- Frequent utilization of close visual acuity and reading from a computer screen, must be able to read information captured in type and free hand form.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Long Term Disability/Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (accrual of 210 hours per year to start)
- All-Staff days off
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Longevity Recognition Rewards
- Full time, non-exempt hourly employee
- 35-40 hours per week
To apply send cover letter and resume to email@example.com