The Company: Pathways Vermont is a dynamic nonprofit agency which believes in transforming the lives of individuals experiencing mental health and other life challenges and permanently ending homelessness. Our Housing First program follows an evidence-based practice proven to end chronic homelessness. Pathways offers a great benefit package including dental and health insurance, generous vacation time and 12 paid holidays.
The Role: The Housing First Administration and Quality Improvement (QI) Manager is responsible for ensuring and reporting on quality Housing First services throughout the state of Vermont. The Administration and QI Manager directly supports the Housing First Program Coordinator. The Program Manager works in close collaboration with the Director of Housing First Programs to ensure program compliance with funders standards and provide quality reports on the efficacy and outcomes of the Housing First Program.
- Ensure compliance with funders’ standards
- Complete reports for city, state and federal funding sources
- Build and complete outcome and efficacy reports for the Housing First program
- Develop and manage internal reports for monitoring ongoing requirements (SSOMs, recertifications, Medicaid Billing, MSR, utilization reviews, etc.)
- Support staff in adhering to funder and billing requirements through regular reporting and review at weekly meetings
- Provide supervision and support to Housing First Program Coordinator
- Develop and maintain internal reports for monitoring staff output (contact hours, service reviews)
- Ensure quality of Housing First services by monitoring completion of required trainings for Housing First staff
- Track and ensure service plans are reviewed and updated annually
- Conduct annual utilization review for all participants
- Work with Red Clover Properties Manager to improve systems around client rental payments and miscellany expenses
- Quarterly review of representative payee account balances
- Oversee data entry into ServicePoint for clients receiving Shelter Plus Care and DMH Housing Subsidy and Care subsidies ensuring timeliness and accuracy
- Oversee data entry into Offender Management System (OMS) for clients participating in the DOC program
- Participate in audit preparedness and monitoring
- Ensure overall project fidelity with Housing First practices including annual Housing First Fidelity Assessment
- Oversee database use for consistency and quality
- Develop and maintain necessary program materials and manuals
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Frequent exposure to outside environmental conditions for community-based meetings
- Often meeting with persons in the community and/or visiting different businesses
- Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction at times when collecting paperwork, assisting with applications, etc.
- Extensive reading responsibilities
- Ability to ascend and descend stairs occasionally required (in instances when apartments, businesses and/or meeting places do not have an elevator)
- Regular operation of a computer and other office machinery including frequent typing
- Grasping. Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm such as stapling, completing hand-written forms, etc.
- Frequent talking and listening in participation of exchanging ideas through spoken word and occasional receipt and giving of detailed information through oral communication at normal speaking levels.
- Occasionally lifting and carrying up to 30 pounds, occasionally exerting up to 20 pounds of force and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently (opening doors at meeting places/businesses, etc.)
- Visual acuity to operate motor vehicles
- Master’s Degree or comparable experience
- At least 3 years management, leadership and supervisory experience
- Background in administration, database management, computer programs (including Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps, Electronic Medical Records, Internet browsers, etc.)
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment as well as possess strong problem-solving skills, work ethic, and computer proficiency
- Must be able to work flexible hours
- Ability to travel statewide
- Driver’s license and vehicle required
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong leadership qualities including patience, flexibility, and ability to give and receive feedback
- Must be comfortable with rapid growth and thinking out of the box
- Commitment to Pathways mission of housing as a human right
- Excellent interpersonal skills – the ability to network with area service providers, funders, and community stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to speak to a large audience
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the mission
- Patience, creativity, flexibility, compassion, and sensitivity to persons with disabilities and other minority populations
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Pathways Vermont is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to afford equal employment opportunity to all individuals, regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.