The Company: Pathways Vermont is a dynamic nonprofit agency that believes in transforming the lives of individuals experiencing life challenges and permanently ending homelessness. Pathways offers an excellent benefit package including dental and health insurance, generous vacation time and paid holidays.
The Role: The Programs Assistant is a member of the agency’s administrative team. This position supports the day to day operations of Pathways’ Housing First program and provides administrative support to Pathways’ Supportive Services for Veteran Families program. The Program Assistant is self-driven, meticulous, and service-oriented. The Program Assistant will provide data to assist in program monitoring to ensure appropriate and timely utilization of funds, grant reporting, outcome measurements, data entry, etc. The Program Assistant will be supervised by the Administrative Team Lead and works in partnership with with the Housing First Program Director.
Location: Pathways Vermont Administrative Office in Burlington, Vermont
- Prepare and review periodic and annual grant reports
- Complete data entry into multiple program-specific databases, including Foothold Technology’s AWARDS, ServicePoint, and others
- Review data in program-specific databases for accuracy
- Review, track, and submit program expenditure receipts, invoices, and staff petty cash requests
- Monitor program compliance with licenses, permits and other certifications
- Report to program leadership monthly on expenditures and budget to actuals
- Collect and monitor program data related to program service hours, Medicaid notes, outcomes, etc.
- Receive, review, and submit financial assistance requests and service recertifications for SSVF program clients
- Support for Advisory Boards/Committees with coordination of notice mailings and admin staff attendees and support with agenda items, taking notes, and gathering data
- Manage Housing First program vehicle registrations, insurance, inspections, and maintenance scheduling
- Collaborate with Assistant Director and Team Leads to continuously improve record quality
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or comparable experience preferred
- Ability to maintain considerable attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Reliable vehicle with current license, insurance, and registration
- Experience with databases, workbooks, and data collection and entry
- Proficiency with computers and computer programs such as Google Apps and Microsoft Office
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality required
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Patience, creativity, flexibility, compassion and sensitivity to persons with disabilities and other minority populations
- Lived experience with homelessness, mental health, or other life challenges considered an asset
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Almost constant operation of a computer and other office machinery.
- Regular, Repetitive movement of hands and fingers including substantial movements of wrists, hands and fingers for typing and/or writing, grasping paperwork, using technology equipment and other tasks.
- Frequent talking and participation in exchanging ideas through spoken word as well as ability to hear and receive detailed information through oral communication.
- Mostly sedentary work in a seated position.
- Occasional standing, walking, stooping, kneeling or crouching, reaching with hands and arms and light lifting.
- Frequent utilization of close visual acuity and reading from a computer screen, must be able to read information captured in type and free hand form.
It is the policy of Pathways Vermont that all employees and applicants shall receive equal consideration and treatment in employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identification, or disability. Pathways Vermont is committed to a diverse workplace that reflects the communities we serve, and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people including people with military experience, individuals with disabilities, and people of color.
To apply send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org