Housing Team Leader (Red Clover Properties) – North
It is the policy of Pathways Vermont that all employees and applicants shall receive equal consideration and treatment in employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identification, or disability. Pathways Vermont is committed to a diverse workplace that reflects the communities we serve, and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people including people with military experience, individuals with disabilities, and people of color.
The Company: Pathways Vermont is a dynamic nonprofit agency that believes in transforming the lives of individuals experiencing mental health and other life challenges and permanently ending homelessness.
The Role: The Housing Team Leader oversees the statewide execution of all housing transitions and Pathways’ RCP services operations. The essential function of this position is to train and support the Housing Coordinators, hold administrative responsibilities and assist clients to find and maintain housing. This position reports to the Housing First Housing Manager.
Location: Franklin, Addison, Rutland & Chittenden
Supervised by: Statewide Housing First Director
- Supervise and support regional Housing Coordinators
- Participate in and oversee day to day operations of a statewide Housing Team
- Work closely with the Housing First Director & Housing Team Lead South around RCP goals, outcomes and day to day operations including fiscal oversight of rental and tenant expenses
- Participate in weekly housing team meeting and complete surrounding duties
- Support compliance with all certification and regulatory standards with HUD, DOC and other housing funders
- Provide data for written reports requested by city, state, or federal funding sources
- Support the housing process from housing searches to lease up, retention, move outs and rehousing
- Work closely with service teams to support client housing identified needs, retention and other landlord/tenant issues
- Support landlords and maintain these relationships including outreach, education around the Pathways Housing First model
- Attend community partners meetings as assigned
- Prepare reports as requested by the Housing Manager on a monthly basis and more frequently upon request.
- Maintain various RCP databases such as landlord, vendor, housing board, etc.
- Support the housing team in property management services including move-ins, turnovers and rehabs, general maintenance and move- out plans along with holding the master lease relationships with our RCP landlords in all our programs.
- Support Housing Coordinators to locate and secure apartments in accordance with each clients needs. Work with Housing First Housing Manager to ensure accurate and timely maintenance of electronic database to track leasing, maintenance and payment information for all units occupied by Pathways tenants
- Coordinate and oversee collection of rent payments to landlords and collection from tenants
- Negotiate and manage contractor relationships
- Review master and tenant leases for approval by Housing Manager
- Provide timely response to all concerns of Housing Coordinators and the Housing team
- Provide weekly supervision to all Housing Coordinators
- Complete and ensure housing coordinator documentation in electronic health record
- Other duties as assigned
- Management, leadership and supervisory experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or comparable work experience
- Strong knowledge and familiarity with housing laws and housing subsidy programs
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment as well as possess strong problem solving skills, work ethic and computer proficiency
- Must be able to work semi-flexible hours
- Ability to travel statewide
- Valid driver’s license, a reliable personal vehicle available for work purposes and current automobile insurance
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Must be comfortable with rapid growth and thinking out of the box
- Commitment to Pathways mission of housing as a human right
- Excellent interpersonal skills – the ability to network with landlords, funders, and community stakeholders.
- Patience, creativity, flexibility, compassion, and sensitivity to persons with disabilities and other minority populations
- Personal experience of institutionalization, mental health challenges, substance use, and other challenges considered an asset
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Ability to ascend and descend stairs occasionally required (when visiting clients in community)
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching to assist in cleaning, picking up items, preparing meals, etc.
- Regular operation of a computer and other office machinery
- Occasional reaching, pushing, pulling and lifting of arms to participate in cleaning and space organization
- Frequent talking and listening in participation of exchanging ideas through spoken word and regular receipt and giving of detailed information through oral communication
- Rarely lifting and carrying 50 pounds (when supporting clients in apartments – i.e. moving furniture)
- Frequent exposure to outside environmental conditions for community-based support
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Long Term Disability/Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (accrual of 210 hours per year to start)
- All-Staff days off
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Longevity Recognition Rewards
- Full Time
- $20 – $23 per hour
If you are interested in this position, please email a cover letter and resume to employment@ pathwaysvermont.org