Human Resources Associate
It is the policy of Pathways Vermont that all employees and applicants shall receive equal consideration and treatment in employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identification, or disability. Pathways Vermont is committed to a diverse workplace that reflects the communities we serve, and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people including people with military experience, individuals with disabilities, and people of color.
The Company: Pathways Vermont is a dynamic nonprofit agency that believes in transforming the lives of individuals experiencing mental health and other life challenges and permanently ending homelessness. Pathways offers a great benefits package including dental, health and vision insurance, generous paid time off and paid holidays.
The Role: The Human Resources Associate will help to maintain employee databases along with timely upkeeping of employee records and requests. This position is directly supervised by the Human Resources Manager.
Location: Chittenden County, Vermont
Employment Status: Part Time
Supervisor: Human Resources Manager
- Bi-weekly payroll review, submission, and reporting
- Maintain ADP workforce management system
- HR Records Management
- New Hire Background checks
- New Hire Onboarding
- Core competency training
- Staff benefit enrollments (including facilitation of Open Enrollment)
- Monitor and update staff information database including licenses and insurance as needed
- Track status of annual reviews for all staff and ensure completion
- Process 403(b) remittances and employee 403(b) enrollments
- Monitor and process Medical Leave requests
- Interface with outside agencies, re: Employee information for benefits, banking, federal and state reports,
- File and manage Worker’s Compensation claims, participate in WC annual audit
- Update Personnel Manual as needed
- Provide policy and procedure updates in All-Staff and Supervisors’ Meetings
- Employee Departure Tasks, including COBRA
- HR file audits
- Post open jobs internally and externally, manage job applicant materials and assist in pre-screening of applicants
- Ongoing market research of Vermont and national salaries
- Employee recognition tasks
- Updated staff contacts on Pathways’ website
- Survey staff regarding EE benefits, working conditions, etc.
- Additional project management (e.g. payroll transition, FFCRA, COVID-19 employee protocols)
- Accompany HR manager at disciplinary meetings with staff and take notes of exchange
- Prepare information related to HR investigations
- Participate in the preparation and submission of required paperwork including First Report of Injuries, unemployment claims, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Familiarity with ADP system preferred
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail, and systems development skills
- Responsible, self-motivated, able to work independently
- Skilled in utilization of telephone, computer, internet, social media skills, Google platform, spreadsheets and HR Information Systems
- Understanding and commitment to the values of Pathways Vermont
- Service oriented
- Two years work experience of Associates degree preferred
- Human Resources office experience preferred
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Almost constant operation of a computer and other office machinery
- Regular, repetitive movement of hands and fingers including substantial movements of wrists, hands and fingers for typing and/or writing, grasping paperwork, using technology equipment and other tasks.
- Frequent talking and participation in exchanging ideas through spoken word as well as ability to hear and receive detailed information through oral communication.
- Mostly sedentary work in a seated position.
- Occasional tasks that require meeting outside (connecting with other staff)
- Rarely visiting other Pathways offices
- Occasional standing, walking, stooping, kneeling or crouching, reaching with hands and arms and light lifting in participation of office cleaning and day-to-day care tasks
- Frequent utilization of close visual acuity and reading from a computer screen, must be able to read information captured in type and free hand form
- Part time, non-exempt, hourly
- 15-20 hours per week
- $15-$19 per hour (starting pay determined by starting pay matrix)