It is the policy of Pathways Vermont that all employees and applicants shall receive equal consideration and treatment in employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identification, or disability. Pathways Vermont is committed to a diverse workplace that reflects the communities we serve, and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people including people with military experience, individuals with disabilities, and people of color.
The Company: Pathways Vermont is a dynamic nonprofit agency that believes in transforming the lives of individuals experiencing mental health and other life challenges and permanently ending homelessness. Pathways offers a great benefits package including dental, health and vision insurance, generous paid time off and nine paid holidays.
The Role: The Human Resources Manager interfaces with all employees on a continual basis, assuring sound onboarding practices, accuracy of pay, and maintenance of human resource files and records. Plays a critical role in workplace culture, welcoming new hires, improving retention mechanisms, and continually improving all employee-facing systems.
Location: Statewide service, based out of Winooski, VT
Employment Status: Full Time
Supervisor: Assistant Director
- Bi-weekly payroll review, submission, and reporting
- Maintain ADP workforce management system
- HR Records Management
- New Hire
- Personnel Action Forms
- Performance Reviews
- Ongoing training records
- New Hire processes
- Background checks
- Core competency training
- Process staff benefit enrollments with carriers
- Lead annual employee benefit review and Open Enrollment
- Ensure accuracy of benefit enrollment procedures, PTO records, payroll adjustments
- Monitor and update staff information database including licenses and insurance as needed
- Track status of annual reviews for all staff and ensure completion
- Process 403(b) remittances and employee 403(b) enrollments
- Manage and provide accurate information to supervisors and staff regarding:
- Vermont Family Leave
- Medical Leave
- Short Term Family Leave
- Worker’s Compensation procedures
- Ensure accurate and timely First Report of injury
- Monitor and process Medical Leave requests
- Interface with outside agencies, re: Employee information for benefits, banking, federal and state reports
- File and manage Workers’ Compensation claims, complete annual Workers’ Compensation audit
- Collaborate in planning and development of systems, including procedures to improve the operating quality and efficiency of the organization.
- Analyze and document business processes and problems. Develop and implement solutions to enhance efficiencies.
- Monitor and update PV Personnel Manual for compliance and policy changes.
- Provide policy and procedure updates in All-Staff and Supervisors’ Meetings
- Employee Departure Tasks, including COBRA
- Monitor Involuntary Termination Procedures
- Hiring processes:
- Post open jobs, manage job applicant materials and assist in pre-screening of applicants
- Participate in applicant interviews
- Conduct Reference Checks
- Monitor hiring procedures and policies, for compliance and retention
- Continually improve recruitment and retention practices:
- Monitor employee performance reviews and merit Increases
- Review / amend employee benefits to enhance staff satisfaction and well-being
- Monitor Orientation for new hires
- Ongoing market research of Vermont and national salaries
- Monitor systems pertinent to Inclusion and Diversity
- Employee recognition tasks
- Update staff contacts on Pathways’ website
- Survey staff regarding employee benefits, working conditions, etc.
- Monitor Written Warnings, harassment investigations, interpersonal employee complaints.
- Facilitate Legal Matter procedures.
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management.
- Additional project management (e.g. payroll transition, FFCRA, COVID-19 employee protocols)
- Administration of ADP workforce management system strongly preferred
- Experience managing human resource records strongly preferred
- Familiarity with enrollment, maintenance and disenrollment in employee benefits strongly preferred
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality required
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail, and system maintenance skills
- Responsible, self-motivated, ability to work independently
- Telephone/computer/internet skills; experience with Google platform, and ADP reports
- Understanding and commitment to the values of Pathways Vermont
- Human Resource experience strongly preferred
- Occasional access to a reliable vehicle and current license
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Almost constant operation of a computer and other office machinery.
- Regular, repetitive movement of hands and fingers including substantial movements of wrists, hands and fingers for typing and/or writing, grasping paperwork, using technology equipment and other tasks.
- Frequent talking and participation in exchanging ideas through spoken word as well as ability to hear and receive detailed information through oral communication.
- Mostly sedentary work in a seated position.
- Occasional standing, walking, stooping, kneeling or crouching, reaching with hands and arms and light lifting.
- Frequent utilization of close visual acuity and reading from a computer screen, must be able to
read information captured in type and free hand form.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Long Term Disability/Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (accrual of 210 hours per year to start)
- All-Staff days off
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Longevity Recognition Rewards
- Full time, exempt salaried employee
- 35-40 hours per week
- 40K – 55K annually