The Company: Pathways Vermont is a dynamic nonprofit agency that believes in transforming the lives of individuals experiencing life challenges and permanently ending homelessness. Pathways offers an excellent benefit package including dental and health insurance, generous paid time off.
The Role: The Program Assistant is a member of the agency’s administrative team. This position supports the day to day operations of the finance team and three Pathways programs: the Pathways Vermont Support Line, the Pathways Vermont Community Center, and Soteria. The program assistant is self-driven, meticulous, and service-oriented. The program assistant will participate in program monitoring to ensure appropriate and timely utilization of funds, grant reporting, outcome measurements, etc. The program assistant is supervised by the assistant director and works in partnership with the business manager and program team leads.
Location: Pathways Vermont Administrative Office in Burlington, Vermont
- Prepare and review periodic and annual grant reports
- Review and submit program expenditure receipts and daily monitor program card balances
- Monitor program spending on a monthly basis
- Monitor program compliance with licenses, permits and other certifications
- Report to program leadership monthly on expenditures and budget to actuals
- Collect and/or monitor outcome data and at least monthly review for accuracy
- Annually facilitate satisfaction surveys and data collection
- Tabulate and prepare reports and materials from annual surveys
- Field requests from program staff related to daily operations, building maintenance, etc. and either address them or divert them to the appropriate department
- Sort and file necessary paperwork
- Support Advisory Boards/Committees with agenda items, taking notes, gathering data
- Collaborate with Assistant Director and Team Leaders to continuously improve record quality
- Bi-weekly process agency mileage requests
- Facilitate receipt collection, tracking of use, and refillng of agency’s PEX cards for program staff
- Participate in reception coverage as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent writing skills
- Motivated self-starter
- Advanced computer literacy
- Responsible, organized, accurate, and efficient
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Bachelor’s Degree or comparable experience preferred
- Experience with databases, Google Apps, and other computer programs
- Previous experience in data collection and data entry preferred
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality required
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Patience, creativity, flexibility, compassion, and sensitivity to persons with disabilities and other minority populations
- Lived experience with homelessness, mental health, or other life challenges considered an asset
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Almost constant operation of a computer and other office machinery.
- Regular, repetitive movement of hands and fingers including substantial movements of wrists, hands, and fingers for typing and/or writing, grasping paperwork, using technology equipment and other tasks.
- Frequent talking and participation in exchanging ideas through spoken word as well as ability to hear and receive detailed information through oral communication.
- Mostly sedentary work in a seated position.
- Occasional standing, walking, stooping, kneeling or crouching, reaching with hands and arms and light lifting.
- Frequent utilization of close visual acuity and reading from a computer screen, must be able to read information captured in type and free hand form.
It is the policy of Pathways Vermont that all employees and applicants shall receive equal consideration and treatment in employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identification, or disability. Pathways Vermont is committed to a diverse workplace that reflects the communities we serve, and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people including people with military experience, individuals with disabilities, and people of color.
To apply send cover letter and resume to email@example.com