It is the policy of Pathways Vermont that all employees and applicants shall receive equal consideration and treatment in employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identification, or disability. Pathways Vermont is committed to a diverse workplace that reflects the communities we serve, and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people including people with military experience, individuals with disabilities, and people of color.
The Company: Pathways Vermont is a dynamic nonprofit agency which believes in transforming the lives of individuals experiencing mental health and other life challenges and permanently ending homelessness. Pathways offers a great benefit package including dental and health insurance, generous vacation time, and paid holidays.
The Role: The Receptionist is a full-time position and is an integral part of the fast-paced, innovative administrative team. The Receptionist role provides administrative, clerical and reception support for Pathways Vermont’s nine offices and programs throughout Vermont.
Location: College Street, Burlington, VT
Supervised by: Executive Assistant
- Greet visitors and make sure they are comfortable
- Utilize RingCentral internet-based phone service to answer and transfer phone calls
- Participate in program on-call phone services during business hours
- Receive, distribute, and send electronic faxes for agency and programs
- Manage, track, and disburse incoming and outgoing mail
- Process expense requests for incoming invoices and bills by determining payment amount, selecting appropriate funding source, completing request and giving to appropriate supervisor
- Receive, distribute, and digitally file job inquiries and applications
- Participate in new hire activities, including job postings
- Participate in coordination and planning of agency events for service recipients and staff
- Update and maintain office organization and appropriate filing systems
- Collect incoming applications and inquiries for service; enter data in Foothold’s AWARDS database and inform intake staff
- Order office supplies for nine offices across the state
- Track and order supplies for administrative office
- Cleaning and maintenance around the office
- Assist in preparations for board meetings
- Other work as assigned
- Responsible and efficient with strong attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a high level of organization and accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and writing skills in addition to computer literacy (experience with financial spreadsheet a plus)
- Excellent typing skills and knowledge of office equipment use and maintenance
- Familiarity with Google Apps
- Experience utilizing electronic databases (especially electronic health records) a plus
- Patience, creativity, flexibility, compassion and sensitivity to persons with disabilities and other minority populations
- Lived experience with homelessness, mental health, or other life challenges considered an asset
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Almost constant operation of a computer and other office machinery.
- Regular, repetitive movement of hands and fingers including substantial movements of wrists, hands and fingers for typing and/or writing, grasping paperwork, using technology equipment and other tasks.
- Frequent talking and participation in exchanging ideas through spoken word as well as ability to hear and receive detailed information through oral communication.
- Mostly sedentary work in a seated position.
- Occasional standing, walking, stooping, kneeling or crouching, reaching with hands and arms and light lifting.
- Ability to lift and carry moderately-large quantities of recycling and trash from office to outside containers.
- Frequent utilization of close visual acuity and reading from a computer screen, must be able to read information captured in type and free hand form.
To apply send cover letter and resume to email@example.com