It is the policy of Pathways Vermont that all employees and applicants shall receive equal consideration and treatment in employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identification, or disability. Pathways Vermont is committed to a diverse workplace that reflects the communities we serve, and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people including people with military experience, individuals with disabilities, and people of color.
The Company: Pathways Vermont is a dynamic nonprofit agency which believes in transforming the lives of individuals experiencing mental health and other life challenges and permanently ending homelessness. Pathways offers a great benefit package including dental and health insurance, generous paid time off and 8 paid holidays.
The Role: The Housing Coordinator is a member of the Red Clover Properties team and works in partnership with the Housing First services teams. The Housing First program provides permanent housing and support services to individuals with histories of chronic homelessness and significant mental health challenges. The Housing Coordinator will assist in securing apartments and negotiating agreements with landlords. The Housing Coordinator is also responsible for supporting housing retention and stability for individuals once housed. The position works closely with local service providers, landlords and housing authorities in the community. Some travel will be required and some flexibility of schedule required /
Program: Housing First
Job Title: Red Clover Properties Housing Coordinator
Supervisor: Red Clover Properties Manager
Location: Statewide, primarily Addison/Washington Counties
- Collect and maintain information related to participant’s housing history including: income and income history, rental history, criminal history and credit history (as these relate to obtaining/maintaining housing)
- Locate vacant apartments and support clients in applying.
- Negotiate with landlords/property managers to obtain vacant apartments; Provide ongoing support and education to community landlords regarding Pathways’ services and contract expectations
- Develop networks of landlords to expand the supply of well maintained and affordable rental units
- Meet with clients and service team to discuss housing needs and expectations
- Provide housing counseling assistance; act as a liaison between client and landlord
- Oversees lease ups, move-in, move-outs and regular inspections pursuant to Housing quality standards between tenant, landlord and housing authority inspector.
- Responsible for property management for Pathways units including but not limited to repairs and maintenance, managing tenant lease and rent responsibilities, unit turn-overs and regular landlord inspections.
- Be well versed in the obligation of tenants, landlord and housing authority as outlined in tenants HUD subsidy contract and/or DOC program agreement.
- Engage with the Department of Corrections to efficiently move clients from incarceration to housing in the community in a timely manner.
- Ensure Pathways remain in compliance with all housing contracts, including, but not limited to: HUD, Shelter Plus Care, Section 8, DOC and DMH. Remain current with HUD rules and regulations as it pertains to HUD subsidies and DOC Grant funds.
- Accurate and timely maintenance of electronic database to track leasing, maintenance and payment information for all units occupied by Pathways tenants
- Coordinate collection of rent payments to landlords and collection from tenants also services as needed for retention eg; cleaning and maintenance.
- Participate in required staff meetings and trainings as assigned
- Regular attendance is a requirement of the position
- Occasional exposure to outside environmental conditions for community-based meetings.
- Often meeting with persons in the community and/or visiting different businesses
- Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction at times when collecting paperwork, assisting with applications, etc.
- Extensive reading responsibilities
- Ability to ascend and descend stairs occasionally required (in instances when apartments, businesses and/or meeting places do not have an elevator)
- Stooping, Kneeling, Crouching. Occasionally during housing inspections to inspect various items.
- Regular operation of a computer and other office machinery including frequent typing.
- Grasping. Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm such as stapling, completing hand-written forms, etc.
- Frequent talking and listening in participation of exchanging ideas through spoken word and occasional receipt and giving of detailed information through oral communication at normal speaking levels.
- Occasionally lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds, occasionally exerting up to 20 pounds of force and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently (opening doors at meeting places/businesses, etc.)
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles.
- Bachelor’s Degree or comparable work experience
- Familiarity with housing laws and housing subsidy programs preferred
- Comfort initiating new relationships and negotiations
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment as well as possess strong problem solving skills, work ethic and computer proficiency
- Must be able to work semi-flexible hours
- Ability to travel
- Valid driver’s license, registration and reliable vehicle required
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Must be comfortable with rapid growth and thinking out of the box
- Commitment to Pathways mission of housing as a human right
- Excellent interpersonal skills – the ability to network with landlords, funders, and community stakeholders
- Patience, creativity, flexibility, compassion, and sensitivity to persons with disabilities and other minority populations
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Long Term Disability/Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (accrual of 210 hours per year to start)
- All-Staff days off
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Longevity Recognition Rewards
If you are interested in this position please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.