It is the policy of Pathways Vermont that all employees and applicants shall receive equal consideration and treatment in employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identification, or disability. Pathways Vermont is committed to a diverse workplace that reflects the communities we serve, and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people including people with military experience, individuals with disabilities, and people of color.
The Company: Pathways Vermont is a dynamic nonprofit that ends homelessness and provides alternative mental health services.
The Role: The Rapid ReHousing Team Lead oversees four housing coordinators who find apartments, negotiate with landlords, and support with issues in units for individuals and families who have experienced homelessness. Team lead coordinates services with Pathways’ rapid rehousing service teams as well.
Location: Statewide service area, home office TBD
- Supervise and support four regional housing coordinators
- Ensure timely identification and lease-up of units for program participants
- Oversee accurate and on-time data entry into ServicePoint Homeless Management Information System by team members
- Manage repair and cleaning services for tenants as needed
- Direct Service:
- Manage statewide relationships with landlords, property managers, housing trusts, housing authorities, etc.
- Meet with clients and service team as necessary to discuss housing needs and support maintaining housing
- Support Housing Coordinators to locate and secure apartments in accordance with client preferences and contracting agency’s standards
- Program Oversight:
- Remain current with program rules and regulations as they pertain to Pathways’ housing contracts
- Work with Finance Department to ensure accurate and timely payment of security deposits and rents on all Pathways apartments
- Coordinate and oversee collection of rent payments to landlords and collection from tenants
- Leadership and supervisory experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience
Must be able to work in a fast paced environment as well as possess strong problem solving skills, work ethic and computer proficiency
Must be able to work semi-flexible hours
Ability to travel statewide
Driver’s license, registration and reliable vehicle required
Excellent verbal and written communication
Must be comfortable with rapid growth and thinking out of the box
Commitment to Pathways mission of housing as a human right
Excellent interpersonal skills – the ability to network with landlords, funders, and community stakeholders.
Patience, creativity, flexibility, compassion, and sensitivity to persons with disabilities
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Ability to ascend and descend stairs occasionally required (when visiting clients in community, looking for apartments)
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching to assist in cleaning, picking up items, etc.
- Regular operation of a computer and other office machinery
- Occasional reaching, pushing, pulling and lifting of arms to participate in cleaning and space organization
- Frequent talking and listening in participation of exchanging ideas through spoken word and regular receipt and giving of detailed information through oral communication
- Rarely lifting and carrying 50 pounds (when supporting clients in apartments – i.e. moving furniture)
- Frequent exposure to outside environmental conditions for community-based support
- Exposure to persons navigating difficult situations – yelling, substance use, harsh language, etc.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Long Term Disability/Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (accrual of 210 hours per year to start)
- All-Staff days off
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Longevity Recognition Rewards
- Full Time
- $19.23-$20.88 per hour