Service Coordinator for Supportive Services for Veteran Families Program
The Company: Pathways Vermont is a dynamic nonprofit agency that believes in transforming the lives of individuals experiencing mental health and other life challenges and permanently ending homelessness. Pathways offers a great benefits package including dental and health insurance, generous vacation time and 12 paid holidays.
The Role: The Service Coordinator is a member of the Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) team. Pathways’ SSVF team is a fast-pace rapid re-housing and homelessness prevention program offering housing first supports to Veteran households who are literally homeless or imminently facing homelessness. The service team provides short-term, flexible, compassionate, and community-based rapid re-housing services.
Location: Services are provided throughout Northern Vermont. Office location Burlington or St Albans.
- Engage in rapport building with participants and provide service from a “choice” perspective as well as participant-centered, harm-reduction, and strengths based approaches.
- Collaborate with clients in the formulation and maintenance of a dynamic housing stability plan that is reviewed and modified at least monthly.
- Refer/connect participants with appropriate services such as financial assistance, entitlements, addiction services, advocacy, employment assistance, financial counseling, rental assistance, deposits, etc.
- Coordinate closely with ESVT (Eastern Seals of Vermont) for initial introduction to participants and ongoing service needs.
- Connect with program participants at least twice per week, including one in-person contact.
- Accompany participants to apartment showings and assist in answering landlord queries and/or completing housing applications.
- Transport clients to appointments and meetings as necessary and assist in finding long-term transportation options and resources.
- Collaborate with team and participant in the request of SSVF financial assistance.
- Record all contacts with program participants within 24-hours in ServicePoint database.
- Collect, maintain, store, and dispose of all participant information according to applicable requirements for confidentiality, security, and privacy.
- Assist participants with moving into new apartments including: setting up utilities, acquiring necessary furnishings and household supplies.
- Participate in agency and program specific trainings.
- Adhere to all SSVF at the University of Vermont Policies and Procedures and the SSVF Program Guide.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Patience, creativity, flexibility, compassion, and sensitivity to persons in difficult circumstances.
- Excellent understanding of the issues facing persons with very-low income and other challenges.
- Familiarity with Veteran and community resources, particularly as related to meeting basic needs of food, clothing, health care, housing, employment and financial assistance.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work effectively as part of the team.
- Strong communication, writing, and computer skills.
- Ability to structure time, develop work priorities independently, and meet program expectations with regard to documenting work.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to intuitively approach challenging situations.
- Valid driver’s license, a reliable personal vehicle available for work purposes, and current automobile insurance.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds.
- Bachelors or comparable work experience required.
- Veteran preferred.
- Lived experience of homelessness or other life challenges considered an asset.
It is the policy of Pathways Vermont that all employees and applicants shall receive equal consideration and treatment in employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identification, or disability. Pathways Vermont is committed to a diverse workplace that reflects the communities we serve, and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people including people with military experience, individuals with disabilities, and people of color.
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.