It is the policy of Pathways Vermont that all employees and applicants shall receive equal consideration and treatment in employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identification, or disability. Pathways Vermont is committed to a diverse workplace that reflects the communities we serve, and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people including people with military experience, individuals with disabilities, and people of color.
The Company: Pathways Vermont is a dynamic nonprofit agency whose mission is to end homelessness and provide innovative mental health alternatives.
The Role: The Support Line operator provides phone service that is free, confidential and non-judgemental to Vermonters. The Support Line is staffed by individuals who acknowledge that they have experienced a broad range of struggles of their own and are willing to be open about them.
Serves: All Vermonters over the age of 18
Supervised by: Support Line Team Lead
Hours: 7am-3pm, Thursday-Monday
Location: Offices in Burlington and Barre. Potential work from home at this time.
- Provide safe, confidential, non-judgmental service to Vermonters who call and/or text the Support Line
- Interact with callers using a “peer” approach as taught in the Intentional Peer Support (IPS) model and other training provided by Pathways
- Communicate via email, chat, or text with co-workers and supervisors
- Participate in ongoing training, skills building and team building including team meetings, core competencies, co-reflections, etc.
- Complete online data collection after each call accurately and completely
- Experience with mental health, substance use and/or other life challenges, and a willingness to support others utilizing a “peer” model of service
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Moderate computer literacy skills; experience with Google Suite preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Familiarity with VoIP phone system and other online communication tools preferred
- High school degree or comparable work experience
- Reliable transportation to and from place of work
- Availability to work holidays
- Availability to work between 7am-3pm
- Ability to work weekends
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Occasional stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, pushing, or pulling, to participate in office cleaning, and equipment problem solving
- Frequent operation of a computer and other office machinery including frequent typing
- Frequent talking and listening in participation of exchanging ideas through spoken word and receipt and giving of detailed information through oral communication
- Moderate reading responsibilities
- Rarely lifting and carrying up to 20 pounds (i.e. assisting with office cleaning and equipment maintenance)
- Occasional exposure to high levels of noise and persons who are upset, angry or in an extreme state
- 100% FTE, non-exempt hourly employee
- 35 hour work week
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Long Term Disability/Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (accrual of 210 hours per year to start)
- All-Staff days off
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Longevity Recognition Rewards
To apply send cover letter and resume to email@example.com