It is the policy of Pathways Vermont that all employees and applicants shall receive equal consideration and treatment in employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identification, or disability. Pathways Vermont is committed to a diverse workplace that reflects the communities we serve, and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people including people with military experience, individuals with disabilities, and people of color.
The Company: Pathways Vermont is a dynamic nonprofit agency which believes in transforming the lives of individuals experiencing mental health and other life challenges and permanently ending homelessness. The specialized services program (SSP) provides creative and intensive community-based support for five individuals who have experienced extensive periods of institutionalization.
The Role: The SSP House Cleaner is a member of the Specialized Supports Team. The position provides cleaning services in individual homes as scheduled by the program leadership. The focus is on providing recurring cleanings so that folks apartments are habitable and can be maintained. The house cleaner will provide scheduled cleaning and additional cleaning as necessary. At times the house cleaning staff may interact with residents at their units and expectations are for polite, friendly, and respectful exchanges.
Serves: Specialized Support Program
Supervised by: Specialized Supports Manager
Location: Barre, Montpelier, Brattleboro
- Intensive cleaning of living spaces including living room, hallways, bathroom, kitchen, etc of the homes/apartments
- Periodic deep cleaning of fridges and other areas
- Support with laundering at local laundromat
- Assistance with specific cleaning projects as needed or assigned
- Maintain Inventory of cleaning supplies
- Engage in cordial conversation with people we serve and respectful negotiation of individual’s living spaces
- License Nursing Assistant Certificate preferred
- Experience with professional cleaning preferred
- Experience and training in biohazard and blood borne pathogens preferred; training will also be provided
- Tolerance for environments requiring extensive cleaning
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and clearly communicate around scheduling; highly reliable
- Vermont driver’s license, reliable vehicle access, willingness to travel within Vermont
- Ability to structure time and develop work priorities independently
- Patience, creativity, flexibility, compassion, and sensitivity to persons with disabilities
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Occasionally lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds (ex cleaning supplies, laundry)
- Ability to ascend and descend stairs while carrying cleaning supplies often required
- Frequent stooping, kneeling and/or crouching
- Occasional operation of a computer and other office machinery to communicate with team
- Frequent reaching, pushing, pulling and lifting of arms to participate in cleaning and space organization
- Occasional talking and listening in participation of exchanging ideas through spoken word and regular receipt and giving of detailed information through oral communication
- Moderate levels of exposure to outside environmental conditions for community-based support (trips to laundromat)
- Exposure to persons navigating difficult situations – yelling, substance use, harsh language, etc.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Longevity Recognition Rewards
- Part-time employees (min. 18 hrs/week) are entitled to PTO and Paid Holidays prorated according to the hours worked.
- Part-Time (18-22 hours/week)
- $18-$22 per hour