The Company: Pathways Vermont is a dynamic nonprofit agency which believes in transforming the lives of individuals experiencing mental health and other life challenges and permanently ending homelessness. Pathways offers a great benefit package including dental and health insurance, generous vacation time and paid holidays.
The Role: The Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) Program Assistant is a member of the administrative team who provides direct support to SSVF ensuring quality and accuracy of program documentation.
Location: Statewide program office (Burlington, Vermont with occasional travel)
Supervised by: Housing First Program Director
- Review and submit SSVF service recipient financial assistance requests and revalidation documents for accuracy and completion
- Run report of daily service logs ensuring timely note entry and service tracking
- Correspond with funders regarding program requests and needs
- Oversee accuracy of client files including properly uploaded service plans, budgets, etc.
- Prepare monthly financial details/information for business manager’s monthly bill
- Prepare quarterly and annual grant reports
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- Motivated self-starter with attention to detail
- Familiarity with ServicePoint database preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced computer literacy with specific experience in Google Apps, Quickbooks, and using advanced formulas in Excel or Sheets
- Responsible, organized and efficient
- Willingness and ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience
- Patience, creativity, flexibility, compassion, and sensitivity to persons with disabilities and other minority populations
- Lived experience with homelessness, mental health or other life challenges considered an asset
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Almost constant operation of a computer and other office machinery.
- Regular, repetitive movement of hands and fingers including substantial movements of wrists, hands and fingers for typing and/or writing, grasping paperwork, using technology equipment and other tasks.
- Frequent talking and participation in exchanging ideas through spoken word as well as ability to hear and receive detailed information through oral communication.
- Mostly sedentary work in a seated position.
- Occasional standing, walking, stooping, kneeling or crouching, reaching with hands and arms and light lifting.
- Frequent utilization of close visual acuity and reading from a computer screen, must be able to read information captured in type and free hand form
- Infrequent squatting, wiping, pushing, etc. to participate in office cleaning
It is the policy of Pathways Vermont that all employees and applicants shall receive equal consideration and treatment in employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identification, or disability. Pathways Vermont is committed to a diverse workplace that reflects the communities we serve, and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people including people with military experience, individuals with disabilities, and people of color.
To apply send cover letter and resume to [email protected]