Training Administrative Assistant
Pathways Vermont is committed to a diverse workplace that reflects the communities we serve, and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people including people with military experience, individuals with disabilities, and people of color. It is the policy of Pathways
Vermont that all employees and applicants shall receive equal consideration and treatment in employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identification, or disability.
The Company: Pathways Vermont is a dynamic nonprofit agency which believes in transforming the lives of individuals experiencing mental health and other life challenges and permanently ending homelessness. Pathways offers a great benefit package including dental and health insurance, generous vacation time, and paid holidays.
The Role: The Training Administrative Assistant is a part-time position and is an integral part of the training team. The Training Administrative Assistant role provides administrative, clerical, and reception support for Pathways Vermont’s Training Institute (PVTI) and Vermont’s Peer Workforce
Development Initiative (PWDI).
Supervised by: Director of Training & Advocacy
- Support in planning and coordination of online and in-person training, including managing Eventbrite registration, creating attendance spreadsheets, creating Zoom links, communicating with training participants, and preparing handouts and other materials
- Support in researching, visiting, and securing venues for in-person training and events
- Support with booking travel and accommodations for in-person training, events, and conferences
- Track training requirements and completion for Pathways staff (in coordination with HR), including communicating with Pathways staff about opportunities to complete training requirements
- Track and respond to inquiries for training and technical assistance for PVTI and PWDI
- Support with scheduling calls/meetings with potential PVTI clients
- Support with preparing and sending proposals to potential PVTI clients
- Update and maintain filing systems for PVTI clients on Google Drive
- Process expense requests for PVTI and PWDI training and travel expenses
- Order and organize training supplies as needed
- Occasional ability to work outside regular office hours as needed
- Other work as assigned
- Responsible and efficient with strong attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a high level of organization and accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle required
- Excellent communication and writing skills in addition to computer literacy (experience with financial spreadsheet a plus)
- Excellent typing skills and knowledge of office equipment use and maintenance
- Familiarity with Google Apps
- Experience utilizing electronic databases (especially electronic health records) a plus
- Patience, creativity, flexibility, compassion and sensitivity to persons with disabilities and other minority populations
- Lived experience with homelessness, mental health, or other life challenges considered an asset
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Almost constant operation of a computer and other office machinery.
- Regular, repetitive movement of hands and fingers including substantial movements of wrists, hands and fingers for typing and/or writing, grasping paperwork, using technology equipment and other tasks.
- Frequent talking and participation in exchanging ideas through spoken word as well as ability to hear and receive detailed information through oral communication.
- Mostly sedentary work in a seated position.
- Occasional standing, walking, stooping, kneeling or crouching, reaching with hands and arms and light lifting.
- Ability to lift and carry moderately-large quantities of training supplies from office to car to venue.
- Frequent utilization of close visual acuity and reading from a computer screen, must be able to read information captured in type and free hand form.
- Paid Time Off
- All-Staff days off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Longevity Recognition Rewards
- Part Time, 20 hours/week
To apply send cover letter and resume to employment@ pathwaysvermont.org
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 – $19.00 per hour