It is the policy of Pathways Vermont that all employees and applicants shall receive equal consideration and treatment in employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identification, or disability. Pathways Vermont is committed to a diverse workplace that reflects the communities we serve, and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people including people with military experience, individuals with disabilities, and people of color.
The Company: Pathways Vermont is a dynamic nonprofit agency that believes in transforming the lives of individuals experiencing life challenges, permanently ending homelessness, and offering innovative mental health services. Pathways offers an excellent benefit package including dental and health insurance, generous paid time off.
The Role: The Administrative Assistant is a member of the agency’s administrative team. This position supports the day to day operations of the administrative staff. The administrative assistant is self-driven, meticulous, and dependable. The Administrative Assistant provides support to managers, other employees, and office visitors by handling a variety of tasks in order to ensure that all interactions between the organization and others are positive and productive. The administrative assistant is supervised by the Executive Assistant and works closely in partnership with the IT Director, and Receptionist.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing systems
- Participate in coordination and planning of agency events for service recipients and staff
- Liaise with the Executive Assistant to handle requests and queries from leadership
- Assist in resolving administrative problems
- Provide IT Director with support:
- Conduct, assist in maintenance of, IT inventory
- Administer password changes (employees, accounts, etc.)
- Assist in payment of office bills and rent
- Administer internal IT systems (G Suite, RingCentral, etc.)
- Reception coverage and support as needed
- Light cleaning
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience with databases, Google Apps, and other computer programs
- Excellent typing skills and knowledge of office equipment use and maintenance
- Motivated self-starter
- Advanced computer literacy
- Responsible, organized, accurate, and efficient
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Bachelor’s Degree or comparable experience preferred
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality required
- Patient, creative, flexible, compassionate, and sensitive to co-workers and clients
- Lived experience with homelessness, mental health systems or other life challenges considered an asset
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Almost constant operation of a computer and other office machinery.
- Regular, repetitive movement of hands and fingers including substantial movements of wrists, hands, and fingers for typing and/or writing, grasping paperwork, using technology equipment and other tasks.
- Frequent talking and participation in exchanging ideas through spoken word as well as ability to hear and receive detailed information through oral communication.
- Mostly sedentary work in a seated position.
- Occasional standing, walking, stooping, kneeling or crouching, reaching with hands and arms and light lifting.
- Frequent utilization of close visual acuity and reading from a computer screen, must be able to read information captured in type and free hand form.
To apply send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org