It is the policy of Pathways Vermont that all employees and applicants shall receive equal consideration and treatment in employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identification, or disability. Pathways Vermont is committed to a diverse workplace that reflects the communities we serve, and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people including people with military experience, individuals with disabilities, and people of color.
The Company: Pathways Vermont is an innovative, statewide non-profit agency committed to ending homelessness and providing innovative mental health services. Pathways Vermont is seeking a highly-motivated full-time Communications and Events Assistant to support the overall function of the Development Department.
The Role: The Communications and Events Assistant will assist with all aspects of Pathways Vermont’s public-facing communications, materials, and fundraising or community events. This position reports to the Director of Development and Communications and assists that position with implementing the 2021-22 advancement plan.
Location: Semi-flexible – in-person reporting required occasionally in Chittenden county
Supervised by: Director of Development and Communications
- Create and adhere to a yearly, agency-wide communications plan
- Produce consistent, high-quality social media, website, and print content and oversee all media platforms
- Liaison with all Pathways Vermont’s programs and teams to organize and produce stories detailing the agency’s work as well as inspirational stories of the lives of the people we work with
- Write content and create design of monthly e-newsletters and bi-annual newsletters (includes list maintenance)
- Oversee the development and production of various fundraising and marketing materials, including appeals, pamphlets, cards, magnets, etc.
- Liaison with program Team Leads to produce program-specific marketing materials
Event Production and Management
- Work, as needed, with the Director of Development and Communications to organize on-site and off-site tours and events designed to steward and expand Pathways Vermont’s base of supporters
- Provide as-needed assistance in the ‘tour guide’ role of bi-monthly ‘Crossing Paths’ community tours
- Represent the organization at various internal and external community events
- Provide excellent ‘customer relations’ and provide a welcoming and rewarding donor experience to all of Pathways Vermont’s supporters
- Assist the Director of Development and Communications, as needed, in the cultivation and stewardship of donors, volunteers, business partners, and sponsors.
- Communicate the mission, vision, and work of Pathways Vermont to donors and supporters of Pathways Vermont
- 1-3 years of nonprofit development, digital and social media, and communications experience preferred;
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and the ability to network with fellow staff members, volunteers, donors, and other community stakeholders;
- Patience, creativity, flexibility, compassion, and sensitivity to diverse populations including people of color, persons with disabilities, individuals who have experienced trauma, and persons who have been oppressed
- Strong writer with demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communications;
- Experience using social media for promotional purposes;Consistent application of confidentiality, discretion, diplomacy, and tact;
- Ability to meet deadlines and see projects through to completion;
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, accurate, and precise;
- Positive attitude and a sense of humor;
- Self-starter who can work independently in a deadline-driven environment to see projects through to completion;
- Ability to successfully manage multi-functional projects, priorities and timelines;
- Collegial, team-oriented working style with a willingness to share in both strategic thinking and administrative tasks;
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office, WordPress, Google Drive, Canva and Mailchimp; experience with InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop a plus;
- Experience with Bloomerang Donor Database a plus;
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to Pathways’ mission
- Valid driver’s license, a reliable personal vehicle available for work purposes and current automobile insurance
- Flexibility with work schedule. This position does require occasional evening and weekend work;
- Personal experience of homelessness, mental health or other life challenges considered an asset
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Almost constant operation of a computer and other office machinery.
- Regular, repetitive movement of hands and fingers including substantial movements of wrists, hands and fingers for typing and/or writing, grasping paperwork, using technology equipment and other tasks.
- Frequent talking and participation in exchanging ideas through spoken word as well as ability to hear and receive detailed information through oral communication.
- Mostly sedentary work in a seated position.
- Occasional standing, walking, stooping, kneeling or crouching, reaching with hands and arms and light lifting at fundraising and community events.
- Rarely lifting and carrying 20-30 pounds for participating in community events, fundraising, etc.
- Frequent utilization of close visual acuity and reading from a computer screen, must be able to read information captured in type and free hand form.
- Occasionally ascending and descending stairs at community events, or visiting service recipients to collect stories.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Long Term Disability/Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (accrual of 210 hours per year to start)
- All-Staff days off
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Longevity Recognition Rewards
- Full time, exempt salaried employee
- 35-40 hours per week
- $18-$21 per hour
To apply send cover letter and resume to [email protected]