Pathways Vermont is an innovative statewide non-profit agency committed to ending homelessness and providing pioneering mental health services. Pathways Vermont is seeking a highly-motivated full-time Development and Grants Assistant to support the overall function of the Development Department.
The Development and Grants Assistant will play an important role in providing donor database management and overseeing donor communications with a secondary role of foundation and grants management. This position is supervised by the Development Director. This is an ideal position for someone seeking to gain broad skills in nonprofit development and communications. Successful candidates will be personable and relationship-centered individuals with strong verbal and written communication skills.
Location: Burlington, VT
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Database and Donor Communication Management
- Manage records in donor database
- Perform donor research
- Update and manage donor records in donor database (Bloomerang), including monthly reconciliation with finance department;
- Generate acknowledgment letters (including regular, IHO, IMO) in a timely manner according to Pathways Vermont’s communication plan
- Facilitate donor acknowledgments on an on-going basis including thank you calls and cards from the Executive Director and Development Director.
- Prepare regular reports, and as needed, for Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Manage pledges and donor communications including, but not limited to, reminders and delinquent payments
- Communicate the mission, vision, and work of Pathways Vermont to donors and supporters of Pathways Vermont
Grant Writing and Management
- Manage all current and ongoing restricted and unrestricted agency grants
- Maintain and cultivate relationships with current foundations and their administrators
- Produce regular reports to Pathways Vermont’s foundation partners
- Research new grant and foundation opportunities that support Pathways Vermont’s work and provide the ability for department and agency growth
- Successfully write and receive grant funding from new sources on an annual basis.
- Assist Development Director in implementing the 2020 advancement plan by achieving mutually agreed upon annual fundraising targets including diversity of sources and totals.
- Represent the organization in a positive manner at various internal and external community events involving funding partners.
- Other duties pertaining to the Development Department as assigned
Ideal Skills and Qualifications:
- 1-2 years of fundraising and grant writing experience preferred;
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills; ability to work with people of diverse social and cultural backgrounds, including colleagues within the organization and the population of people served;
- Consistent application of confidentiality, discretion, diplomacy, and tact.
- Ability to meet deadlines and see projects through to completion;
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, accurate, and precise;
- Positive attitude and a sense of humor;
- Self-starter who can work independently in a deadline-driven environment to see projects through to completion;
- Ability to successfully manage multi-functional projects, priorities and timelines;
- Collegial, team-oriented working style with a willingness to share in both strategic thinking and administrative tasks;
- Strong writer with demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communications;
- Experience using social media for promotional purposes;
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office, Google Drive needed;
- Experience with Bloomerang Donor Database a plus;
- Commitment to and interest in Pathways Vermont’s mission;
- Flexibility with work schedule. This position does require occasional evening and weekend work;
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Standing for sustained periods of time during presentations
- Frequent operation of a computer and other office machinery including frequent typing
- Frequent talking and listening in participation of exchanging ideas through spoken word and receipt and giving of detailed information through oral communication
- The worker is subject to various environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
- Ability to utilize various modes of transportation (bus, train, plane, etc.)
It is the policy of Pathways Vermont that all employees and applicants shall receive equal consideration and treatment in employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identification, or disability. Pathways Vermont is committed to a diverse workplace that reflects the communities we serve, and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people including people with military experience, individuals with disabilities, and people of color. To apply, please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.