Pathways Vermont Employment Specialist
It is the policy of Pathways Vermont that all employees and applicants shall receive equal consideration and treatment in employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identification, or disability. Pathways Vermont is committed to a diverse workplace that reflects the communities we serve and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people including people with military experience, individuals with disabilities, and people of color.
The Company: Pathways Vermont is a dynamic nonprofit agency that ends homelessness and provides alternative mental health services. Pathways believes housing is a basic human right and practices housing first – immediate access to housing without preconditions. Client choice, harm reduction, non-coercion, flexibility and person-centered housing plans are core elements of our programs.
Pathways offers a great benefits package including dental and health insurance, generous time-off and paid holidays.
The Role: The Employment Specialist provides key employment and educational supports to job seekers of all ages. The Employment Specialist fosters hope, motivation and inspiration throughout the employment process. This position is supervised by the Employment Team Lead. This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Employment Status: Full Time (35 hours/week)
Serves: Support for persons of All Ages (18+)
Supervised by: Employment and Community Center Team Lead
Hours Available: 9am – 5pm (with flexibility if needed)
- Maintain fidelity to the Individual Placement and Support – Supportive Employment (IPS-SE) model as appropriate
- Participate in weekly job development with businesses in Chittenden County
- Provide job seekers with support and encouragement throughout the employment process – pre and post employment – based on each individual’s preferences.
- Connect with, and serve as a liaison to community partners for referrals
- Participate in weekly staff meetings, co-reflection, individual supervision and trainings
- Collection of service data and regular reporting
- Co-facilitate employment seekers support group
- Assist in the development and practice of employment related activities and events at PVCC
- Other duties as assigned
- Willingness to share personal life struggles when appropriate
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written as well as verbal)
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Basic telephone/computer/internet/social media skills, familiarity with google platform
- Trained in Intentional Peer Support (or commitment to be trained within 3 months of hiring)
- Trained in Individual Placement and Support / Supportive Employment (or commitment to be trained within first year of employment)
- Ability to structure time, develop work priorities independently, and meet program expectations with regard to documentation
- Commitment to the values of Intentional Peer Support
- Ability to work evening or weekend hours a plus
- Working vehicle, valid license, adequate insurance and willingness to transport others
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Ability to adapt to various work sites to provide job coaching.
- Ability to ascend and descend stairs rarely required
- Regular operation of a computer and other office machinery
- Frequent talking and listening in participation of exchanging ideas through spoken word and occasional receipt and giving of detailed information through oral communication
- Rarely lifting and carrying 30 pounds
- Extensive reading responsibilities
- Meeting with persons in the community and/or visiting different businesses
- Occasional exposure to outside environmental conditions for outreach events.
- Opportunities to work from home independently; will need a confidential space with limited distractions, with reliable internet and phone reception to do this
- Ability to work in an office setting either with others. Reliable transportation to and from your work site.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Long Term Disability/Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (accrual of 210 hours per year to start)
- All-Staff days off
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Longevity Recognition Rewards
Compensation: $16.83 – $19.00
If you are interested please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org